The school prepares students for the All India Secondary School Examination and the All India Senior School Certificate Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education.
In Krishna Public School, the curriculum has been so framed, that the individual child is the core of the whole programme. An atmosphere of relaxed, easy human relationship between the children and the teachers pervades the class room. The children are encouraged to get involved in the exciting adventure of learning experience through discussion, enquiry and experimentation.
THE ACADEMIC YEAR
The academic year, during which the children are resident and in attendance at the school, extends normally, from May to April. The School is closed for the vacation twice a year for 5 to 6 weeks in December / January and April / May.
EXAMINATIONS & COURSES OF STUDY
The school prepares students for the All India Secondary School Examination and the All India Senior School Certificate Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education. Graded courses of study, spread over a period of thirteen years, are prescribed, from the Kindergarten to the Higher Secondary Classes. The Medium of instruction is English. At the second language level, the school offers Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam and French as alternatives. At the third language level Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada and French are taught.
SUBJECTS FOR STUDY
I FOR STANDARDS IX AND X UNDER THE 10 YEAR PATTERN OF SCHOOL
1. Communicative English
2. A Second Language- Hindi(B)/Tamil/Malayalam/French
3. A Third Language- Hindi/Tamil/Malayalam/French
6. Social Sciences - History, Civics, Economics and Geography
7. Environmental Education
8. Work Education and Community Service
9. Art Education - Visual Arts & Performing Arts
10. Physical and Health Education
11. Value Education - Scripture / Moral Science
12. Computer Science
II SUBJECTS FOR STUDY FOR STANDARD XI AND XII UNDER THE +2 PATTERN
A. COMPULSORY SUBJECTS
1. Core Language � English
2. Work Education / Community Service
3. Value Education � Scripture / Moral Science
4. General Studies
5. Environmental Education
B. ELECTIVE SUBJECTS
The School offers the following subject combinations and the student must choose one of them.
1. Science Stream: Mathematics or Physical Education, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science or Home Science
2. Commerce Stream: Mathematics or Physical Education, Economics, Accountancy, Business Studies, Computer Science or Home Science
For more information regarding the Examination visit www.cbse.nic.in